Friday, December 12, 2008

Sticks and Stones...

My kids have to creative. I don't allow them to tell each other to "shut up." Instead, I hear "sshhhh" loud enough to rattle the windows, and wake neighborhood dogs. The no name calling rule has been pushed to it's limits by all the kids. They don't call each other "stupid," or "dummy," but all have other more creative things to say when they are mad. Leif can be heard yelling, "geeze, kid!" Tess is famous for telling people that they are a "Meany" or saying, "tarter sauce" when she's mad. Oscar now also says, "kid" like it's a nasty word. So far, Tom has been the most creative in his name calling. It's hard not to laugh when you hear a 5 year old calling his 13 year old brother a "butt sneeze!" That one is still my favorite, and I guess it is a good description, and a great substitute for name calling. I know it's all in the context, but I feel kinda proud of his creative use of the English language, and it really is a funny put down coming from a toddler.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Butt Sneeze! That's awesome!