Monday, December 1, 2008

Polar Bear Plunge with The Boy Scout Troop


It's time again for the annual Boy Scout Polar Bear Plunge. I sit here at my computer making up a pledge sheet for the Scouts. And yes, I intend to do the plunge with the Troop again this winter. Why? What on Earth could make a reasonably sane person jump into a freezing cold lake or river? I still don't have an answer for that. Just maybe I'm not a reasonably sane person after all. It is a great way to raise money for Boy Scout camp, and it gives a person bragging rights. Who else do you know that has done one, much less going on the third time? I will post pictures this year, and yes, I will be wearing "a shortie wet suit" again. I'm not wearing just a bathing suit in freezing cold water around a group of 12 year old boys. I may be crazy, but I'm not stupid. Any takers on pledging me $10.00 to jump into a freezing lake on Jan 1, 2009? Here are the pictures form Jan 2008.

8 comments:

Robb said...

I'll put up $10 for you. When is it? Need any more adult participants?

momofcrazykids said...

Robb, One more nut is always welcome. Are you going to do it as a Boy Scout fundraiser too, or just for sick kicks?

Unknown said...

Count me in. But there will need to be pictures! Doesn't Matt get a turn?

momofcrazykids said...

Matt froze last year. He said there wasn't enough money to make him do it again-coward! Thanks, can I put you in for $10.00?

Unknown said...

Yes, put me in for $10. Does Matt have pictures of Dora the Explorer on his panties?

momofcrazykids said...

Matt's swim trunks were pulled up way high, and the look on his face was priceless. His face was making the Mr. Bill "O" when the water hit groin level. I was laughing so hard I couldn't breath. Josh and I had done ours the week before, so he got no pity from us.

Twila said...

count me in for $10 for your jump

Mom

Twila said...

I'll put in my $10 for your jump
--Gwila