Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Time I met Jesus

I know, you thought I was weird before...I just keep getting weirder.

I still remember the time that I meet Jesus. I was an unhappy four year old with a new
baby brother at home. My mother has admitted that it was a tough time for me. I felt
unloved, ignored and forgotten. With all the work of having a colicky newborn to care
for, my mother just did not have any time or energy left for me. After a particularly rough
afternoon, I decided to run away from home. I felt unloved and very alone. I thought that
nobody cared or would even miss me anyway.
I was walking down the block away from home when I felt this warmth. It can only be
described as the way the spring sun feels on your face. The way the air is still cool, but
the sun feels so good, so warm on your face that you get goose bumps. I stopped and
turned to see what felt so good on the side of my face and saw this glow, and in the glow
was Jesus. He told me I was loved, and that things would always work out for me. I felt
so much better, so loved and so much safer. I decided to go back home and not to run
away. Things did get easier for me as my brother got older. However, I never forgot that
special meeting and how it changed my life.
Did I really meet Jesus? Who knows, but that four year old needed to believe. As an
adult, I really cherish that memory— the memory about the time I met Jesus.

No comments: