Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Blond Moment?

Blond Moment or the beginning of Senioritis?
Our water softener usually takes a couple of bags of salt each month. Well, it had been a while since I had added salt. Summer 2008 to be exact. Just what we need right now, another bill. Not wanting to think about it, I put it out of my thoughts. You know the good old “bury my head in the sand” trick. We really cannot afford to get it fixed or replaced right now, so I have been putting it off. We just replaced our furnace, our water pipes froze, and now this? Maybe “someday” we’ll get a new one, ours is probably 15 years old, and due to be replaced.
When our pipes froze, Max had to do some work in the laundry room, and noticed a strange thing. Our water softener was not on the fritz, it was simply unplugged. Ignoring it really did work this time, no high costing service call. Now like magic it works again.
Not checking to see if an appliance is plugged in…duh. I’m on that road to nowhere land, the path of needing to take my Ginkgo (when I remember to take it that is) Can I still claim to be having a blond moment?

No comments: