Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Thing You Need To Know About Me...

I did a writing prompt for a class, I like the way it turned out...
The thing you need to know about me is that I come from crazy and creative people. I mean odd and loony, but in a good way. Like the time my dad asked my mom for ½ a glass of water, and my mom cut a plastic glass in half. Or the story about the time my mom and grandma both stopped in the street giggling and looked up at nothing– they got six strangers that day to look up at nothing too. My family has always been a little off, and we’re proud of our oddness.
My kids have continued on being funny in their own creative ways. My son, Tom is funny when he’s angry. It is hard not to laugh when you hear a 5-year-old calling his 13-year-old brother a "butt sneeze!" I have to hand it to him; it is a great creative description of a fart. When Oscar was 4 years old, he decided he wanted to be called Godzilla. He would only answer to that, and nothing else. Just imagine the looks I got at Wal-Mart yelling, “Godzilla, don’t touch that!”
To say that my 4-year-old daughter Tess is a zany is an understatement. With three older brothers her sense of humor is already twisted. Last week she was dressed in her usual attire, a pink leotard and sparkling red tap shoes. She stood with her feet apart and held a toy block behind her back. After much grunting, she dropped the block. It looked like she pooped a green toy block. Her older brothers clapped and laughed. Her dad, Max, smiled and turned to me and said, "That's your daughter alright. She must get that from your side, my family doesn't think poop is funny." He’s right, it is from my side and I’ll take all the credit.

No comments: