Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Family Traits

I just noticed something funny about my daughters eating habits...she hums when she's eating something tasty. A trait she shares with her Auntie Rachel. Yummy chicken gets the hmmm, hmmm. So does dad's spaghetti. Another interesting tidbit is that when Tess is alone and playing with her dolls, the dolls sing vibrata (when your voice quivers) to each other. I can't sing (and shouldn't even try, but I still do and I do it badly) much less sing vibrata. Where does this talent come from? Her Grandma can sing, maybe that's where it comes from. This makes me wonder what traits I have from my family. Some of them are easy to spot, others, not so easy. I'm as mellow as yellow-from my dad. I can get very strong when I'm frustrated(watch out on this one, I've been known to get a 10 speed bike loaded into a small car and not know how I got it there, much less be able to get it back out. Watch out for those "Hulk mad!" moments)-this I know is from my mom. My humor? The dark, deep nasty streak is from my mom, enjoying fart humor is from my dad (who is The King of Gas) My good looks? Maybe the mailman was cute. No really, I kinda look like both of my parents. Like if they mated and had a kid...wait a minute, they did, 3 times. My razor quick, sharp as a tack intellect? No one will claim that.

No comments: