Thursday, February 19, 2009

2 Foot Blue Flame

Let me just start this one with the rule that you should never, I mean never, syphon gas with your mouth. Yes, Max was reminded about that rule this week. He needed to drain the gas from a vehicle, but the hose he was using just wasn't working...I knew there was a problem when he came running (Matt never runs) into the house and went straight to the kitchen sink. The last time he ran straight to the sink, he had almost lost the tip to his finger to the tractor, so I knew something was up. He had his mouth and beard under the running water, and I was relieved that I didn't see any blood, but boy, could I smell gas. I knew exactly what had happened. "You tried to syphon gas with your mouth, didn't you?" "Yep, this is going to show up in your Blog, isn't it?" After we both stopped laughing, he said it was OK to tell the world about his tasty error. The smell of gas followed him, even after a shower, and brushing his teeth. I think he ingested some gas, and the next day, he was worried if he farted he'd shoot a 2 foot flame, and ruin a good pair of jeans. I'm happy to announce, his jeans are intact, no flames, but I did go out and buy a gas syphon hose-with a bulb that works.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Matt and cars...never a dull moment.