Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Pure Poetry in Motion

I don't know about you, but I flush public toilets with my foot, my mom taught me, and I have taught my daughter that same rule. When using a public bathroom last week, I came very close to having a wet shoe. The floor was wet, my purse, which was over my shoulder, was too heavy, and I didn't have much traction with my shoes...I went to flush, with my foot, as I usually do. And slipped. I came so close, too close, to putting my foot into the drink. I caught myself on the walls of the stall, bumped my head, kicked the toilet seat with my foot, hit my back on the toilet paper dispenser, and swore. All that racked didn't go unnoticed. I'm not sure if it was the swearing, or the banging noise that got every ones attention, but I had an audience when I walked out of the bathroom. I am so graceful, pure poetry in motion.

1 comment:

Folkgirl said...

LOL! I flush with my foot in bars an gas stations - now I'm nervous.