Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Just One Of The Guys

My four year old daughter Tess wants to be just like her older brothers. There are a few technical problems with that, the biggest one so far has been that they can easily pee outside. I think it's a guy thing; just off the school bus the boys will step behind a tree and pee. The first time Tess tried to copy them, she stood up to go--and peed into her boots. I have since showed her how girls go outside. Now she's proud to be able to step behind the trees and "pee just like the big boys." She even has been able to go (without getting her pants wet) when we were out on our last hike. I stopped when I noticed she wasn't next to me and turned and saw her squatting in the ditch. Now that is a true country girl. Next step, wanting to write her name in the snow...

No comments: