Thursday, June 11, 2009

Ode to DSL

We've been having problems with our telephone service, and therefore our Internet. We still have [gasp, shudder] dial up. I know, I want DSL, but we've been told it's not available in our area. So until then, I'll dream of DSL. I wrote this, my love poem to high speed Internet.

Oh high-speed Internet, how I long to travel at the speed of your light. No need to wait on a call. Gone will be the days of getting up to do something while I wait for a new page to download. Faster games will finally please the kids; files will open in a blink of an eye. Oh, why can’t you be available in my area? Why make me wait, you cruel she-devil. You taunt me with your wily, fast, reckless ways. And then deny me. I wither in the shadow of anticipation. And yet I’m denied— again. Satellite Internet seems a sad replacement for your reliable promise. I sit here, sad, dejected and waiting…

3 comments:

Duskwind Farm said...

I too wait for DSL- love the poem. I can so relate although I refuse to pay for dial up. When we got our phone line back in November they told us in 3 to 6 months we would have DSL~ 7 months still no high speed with in reach. How sad:(

Unknown said...

I cried, a little.

momofcrazykids said...

I'm glad you feel my pain, your sympathy will keep me going.