Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My Super Hero Defense Is...

Oscar, my ten year old is obsessed with super heroes. Who can beat who is a hot topic for debate around my house. Can Iron Man beat Super Man and who has the coolest villains? I don’t know the answers to these provocative questions, but my son does. He also likes to think about how he fits into the scheme of superheroes. I overheard Oscar telling a friend last night that his super talent is his farting power. The bad guy gets lost in a smelly green vapor cloud. I guess he strikes and runs away; it’s a clever defense to confuse the villain. I can’t help wondering if it would work in the real world.
Picture this scenario: your at work and the boss is upset and confronts you. Instead of standing there and taking it, you quietly pass some evil gas. Your boss gets dizzy, confused and ends the reprimand quickly. I think this might actually work. Nobody wants to stand there smelling someone else’s air biscuits. Farting as a defense, I think Oscar might be on to something…

No comments: