Saturday, May 2, 2009

I Made A Great First Impression

When I met my future step mother-in-law for the first time, I tried hard to make a good first impression. We met her and my father-in-law at her cabin up north. It was a beautiful fall day. We spent the night at the cabin and the next morning we were sitting on the deck enjoying the sunrise and continuing to get to know each other. Max and I have a private joke about cold weather being not nippy but nipply. So this thought was in my head. We were discussing the chilly morning and I was trying to say, “I like it nippy out,” but that’s not what came out. What actually came out my mouth was, “I like a little nipple.” That was a conversation stopper. Everyone stopped talking and turned to look at me with their months hanging open. I blushed, stammered and tried to explain what I meant, which was worse then just pretending it didn’t happen. Trying to make a good first impression—oh, I made an impression alright.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA! I use "nipply," too!

momofcrazykids said...

Glad it's not just me...