Saturday, May 23, 2009

Flower Sniffer

There’s just something about lilacs. They smell so good. I find myself running up to them and sticking my face into the flowers and breathing deeply. Out in public (who cares how crazy I look in the privacy of my own yard) I must look like a maniac. Running from lilac bush to lilac bush with a stupid grin on my face, smelling the flowers. Rose bushes do the same thing to me. They leave me powerless to walk by without smelling them and smiling. Forget a quick trip to Como’s Conservatory. I can spend hours in bliss with my face buried in the plants. They even have herbs and fruit tress to enjoy.
I’m in Heaven at greenhouses too, wandering up and down the isles. The sales people eye me suspiciously. They’ve seen my kind before. “Can I help you find something? You’ve been looking for over two hours.” They can recognize a flower sniffer when they see one.

No comments: