Tuesday, March 17, 2009

What's Broken?

Our kitten, Bigfoot has an appointment today to get fixed. We really don't need a mature tomcat in the house. When discussing the impending surgery, I told the kids that Bigfoot was "getting fixed." Oscar's question was "What's he getting fixed?" Max with a straight face replayed, "any urges, and all hope." Well, I guess someone has issues.
This morning I couldn't find the cat carrier, so I had to get the kitten into a pillow case. Getting a wiggling reluctant kitten, with claws, into a pillow case was difficult, tying the pillow case closed was even more difficult. Sometime during the car ride to the vet, Bigfoot clawed a hole in the pillow case and climbed out. He crept around the inside of the van, howling the whole ride into town. In the parking lot of the vet's office, I had to shove him back into the torn pillow case and carry him inside. He's probably still howling. Will Bigfoot will ever come to me again? I know I wouldn't go to someone who shoved me into a pillow case, took me for a ride and then left me at the doctor. Do you think there's a Hallmark card for that? "Sorry you had to get fixed, just be glad you didn't get nixed."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It went down pretty much the same way for me when I got fixed. Except it was a tarp, and the lure of a glazed donut that got me to go in. I should have known better, Candi never buys me donuts...I'll never trust fried pastries again...

momofcrazykids said...

I hope at least you left the stiches alone. Bigfoot keeps licking his, maybe they itch or just because he can?

Unknown said...

For me, the cone helped.