Thursday, March 12, 2009

I'm Not Bossy, I Just Know What You Should Be Doing!

My two youngest kids were playing in the front room today. Jack ran to get a toy from his bedroom, and I guess Ella thought he was taking too long. She impatiently shouted to him, "I'm waiting old man!" He's six, not what I'd consider an old man. Where does my four year old daughter get that bossy attitude, I wonder? I think I might have a clue. She comes from a long line of ball breakers. I mean this in the nicest way possible. The females in our families (the women in Matt's family are bold too) are a far cry from timid. We often can't not say what's on our minds, or tell you what you should do. Some are just more blunt then others. The joke in my family is, "I'm not bossy, I just know what you should be doing!" I think I get that from being the oldest kid in the family. They say oldest children never lose the urge to boss people around. I think I'm still kinda bossy, and I do know what you should be doing...

No comments: