Friday, November 28, 2008

My Poor Little Tom...

My poor little Tom. Tom is in 1st grade and on Wednesday he got into trouble at school for talking. His teacher told him he "owed her 1 minute after school." What he was suppose to do was stand behind his desk for 1 minute after school, and then he could go catch his bus. School got over at 2:45, at 3:10 a teacher walked by his class room and saw him still standing there behind his desk. (pause for a well deserved "Ah poorTom") The office called me and I had to go and pick him up at school. My poor baby stood behind his desk for 25 minutes (with a full bladder) waiting for the teacher to come back and tell him he could go. He knew he had missed the bus, and was worried he would not only be in trouble for talking, but also for missing his bus. On top of everything else, he was scared to call home for a ride. On his teachers defense, she did call and leave a message apologizing for not making sure he caught his bus. I think he now has a "get out of jail free card" from her for the rest of the year. My poor little Tom.

1 comment:

Folkgirl said...

Oooohhh, poor guy!!!