Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

OK, I know it's 2 days AFTER Thanksgiving, but Happy Thanksgiving to all. I hope everyone had an enjoyable time with friends and family. No injuries to report this year at our celebration. We had an unfortunate turkey baster incident several years ago. The bulb of my turkey baser went missing (I suspect that it made it's way into the bottom of the toy box) Not wanting to use jar gravy my mom decided to use it anyway. Let's just say that mouth suction was not a good idea. Funny now, yes. Funny then, well, kinda. Sorry mom. I know 2rd degree burns in one's mouth is not a laughing matter. But, it has become the stuff of legends and countless jokes. Not sure what to get a family member for a Christmas gift? Turkey baster! (Or a nose hair clipper-scissors up one's nose was also not a good idea) Both are always good for a laugh and a replay of all the gory details and injuries. Yes my family is strange, but in a good, humorous clannish way. We love our stories and inside jokes. For Christmas we play a dice game to get dollar items, and re-gift tacky gifts, it's a lot of fun and always interesting. Every year we re-wrap a sealed deli pickle and re-gift it. I think the pickle is 4 years old now and starting to get mushy. Weird, yes. Funny, you bet ya!

As I sit here on the computer, I keep having to stop and pull things out of the dogs mouth. Toys, mittens, socks-where is she finding all these socks? Our dog, Bertha is a Newfoundland-Black Lab mix (a sweet but annoying butt-head today). She has enough Black Labrador in her to feel the need to carry things (anything will do) around ALL the time. It's enough to even try St. Francis' patience. An oral fixation at it's worst. I keep waiting for that particular trait to mellow, the hyper running around the table has finally stopped, now if the carrying & chewing thing could just stop! But I really do love the crotch sniffing, mitten chewing, shaggy butt-head.

1 comment:

Kyria said...

we are a crazy bunch :)