Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I Smell Poop

Few smells get your attention faster then poop, baby or puppy for that matter. When my toddler was small we had a puppy. There were simply too many babies running around. I'd be talking on the phone and the smell would hit me. Which one did it come from-baby or dog? A search mission would be required to pinpoint the source for clean up. If I asked my little one, "Are you poopy?" The answer would always be a sweet or offended "No." Asking the dog was pointless, she just wagged her tail at any attention, good or bad. Whoever I was talking to on the phone usually also proclaimed their innocence. Time has chanced the sources of the mysterious vapours that still occasionally linger. My little one is now potty trained, and the dog is house broken, but any phantom smell will still call for a search mission. Stinky teenagers or full garbage cans are now the suspects and the clean ups are far more pleasant. I'll never miss changing diapers or the smells that linger from the diaper pail.

No comments: