Friday, July 3, 2009

Summertime Blues

I have the summertime blues. I feel sluggish and cannot seem to get my butt moving lately. It’s been too hot, then too cold. Now I’m too tired. When it’s nice out, I blame it on the beautiful weather. I’m feeling lethargic in my summertime funk. I’m too relaxed and drowsy to do much of anything. All I want to do is sit in the sun, relax and read (I’m loving the book “Loving Frank” and I don’t want to put it down). Maybe I’m not lazy, but simply solar powered and I need to recharge in the sun. As much as I love lounging with a good book, sitting around relaxing in the sun really isn’t an option for me. I’ve got too much to do to sit on my tail all day, I can’t be a lollygagger. Meals need to be made, e-mail checked, and the laundry is piling up. My blog is suffering, the weeds are taking over my garden and the vacuum is covered with a layer of dust.
Maybe all the busy summer activities the family has going on have made me feel sluggish and drained. I’m exhausted. Camping, birthday parties, library and museum trips, golf lessons, picnics, music lessons and trips to the playground. Keeping the kids busy has taken its toll, I’m worn out.
Next week the kids have swimming lessons, so I’ll be at the beach for three hours a day five days in a row. I’m not sure if this will cure me or make it worse. By the end of the week I’ll have finished reading my book, I’ll be tan and hopefully feel refreshed and ready to tackle the world again. I hope a week of sun and fun at the beach will cure my summertime blues, but I’m afraid it might make things worse. After all there “Ain’t no cure for the summertime blues.” I think there might be something to that.

No comments: