Monday, July 27, 2009

School Chum Puppets

I have some free time on my hands and thought why not create puppets of my friends from junior high? Some people might say I have too much time on my hands. Nutty does run in my family. Besides, how much fun could puppets be? I can put on plays and re-enact old dramas; you know the usual stuff I do on my down time. I took an old class picture, made a copy, and will use my bitchin’ talents in crafts to turn them into puppets. It’s amazing what I can do with a hot glue gun, yarn, sequins, glitter, felt and Popsicle sticks. The plaid school uniforms will be tricky to replicate in felt, but with all the memories floating back, I’ve got the time to work on them while I’m in the waiting to see my therapist. The puppets will come in handy when I’m trying to re-enact important events from my youth.
Now all I need is the backdrop. I’m thinking church pews or an asphalt parking lot/playground. When I get my stage set up I’ll be sure to post pictures of the performances. I've missed my old friends so much, [cue Psycho music] it'll be like they've never left me...

No comments: