Thursday, April 22, 2010

Becoming a High Maintenance Woman

I had my first facial on Tuesday. Let me just say, “Ahhh…” Wow, two hours of fragrant lotions and creams massaged into my face, scalp, neck, shoulders, arms and hands. It was Heaven. I was so relaxed I floated out of the salon a frightening ugly mess.
During most of the facial they had warm steam aimed directly at my head. I have curly hair, so steam is not my friend. It frizzed my hair. I mean really frizzed my hair. Remember Rosanna Rosanna Danna? Now you got the image, only blond. In addition to the frizz my scalp was messaged with peppermint oil. Felt wonderful, but didn’t help the frizz situation any. I got a good look at myself in the bathroom mirror and almost screamed.
Picture this, big stupid grin on my shinny pink face, my scalp and the first 3 inches of my blond hair was black and wet with oil, the other 5 inches of blond hair was pure tangled frizz which was standing straight out. Kind of a cross between Bride of Frankenstein and a slicked back geek. I had a very interesting look going.
Am I going to get another facial? You bet I am, got one scheduled for June. I could so easily become a high maintenance woman. I think I need a massage…

3 comments:

Christina Rodriguez said...

Sounds like an amusing image! My hair tends to curl slightly with humidity, but not a whole lot.

Scalp massages are bliss! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

hailey said...

Hi, Great information! Would you please consider sharing my link to your readers? Please email me back at haileyxhailey gmail.com.

Thanks!
Hailey

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.