Monday, August 10, 2009

Please Don't Let Them Come Home Early

My friend Gina went out of town camping and asked my son to feed and water her animals.
“No problem.” I answered for him. She has horses, bunnies and chickens. I’ll do it myself, I thought. I love her horses and enjoy being around them. I was supposed to feed and water them on Saturday. Well, I forgot about it until Saturday night when I was driving to my sister’s house.
My sister and I were going out to dinner and a movie, so I was nicely dressed and wearing linen head to toe and my fancy shoes. With not enough time to go home to change, I decided it was now or never. I have walking shoes in my van so the muddy farmyard wasn’t a problem for my shoes; the linen on the other hand was going to be a problem.
I looked down at my clean beautiful crisp cream linen pants and pink linen blouse and looked up and noticed their long winding tree lined driveway…I looked down at my spotless clothes and up again and noticed how their place is surrounded by trees…I looked down at my outfit and wondered exactly when they were planning on coming home… I looked down at my fancy suit and thought, the horses will need hay... The hay will be dusty and wet; the hay will get my clothes wet and dirty…I looked down at what I was wearing and looked up and noticed the privacy surrounding their place.
Guess what I did...Yep, I fed her animals in my undies. Thankfully, she didn’t come home early. I think if they had come home early, she would have died laughing at me, in my white walking shoes, and my underwear hoisting a hay bale and totting her garden hose.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! You are a problem solver! Luckily, many problems can be solved by taking off one's clothes.

Folkgirl said...

LOL!!! That's perfect!