Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Do We Need Sheep?

Our mower stopped working last month; Max has been tinkering with it but has been unable to get it running. We have over one acre to mow and with all the rain during the last three weeks, our lawn is beyond shaggy. The kids need pith helmets to venture out into the yard. I’ve lost my toddler to the waves of tall grass more then once. The top of the swing set is barely visible. Ok, I’m exaggerating a bit. It’s not that long, but I was beginning to think that maybe we need some sheep.
Something had to be done, so we broke down and brought the riding lawn mower in to get fixed. Last night we picked it up and I started the process of re-clearing the land. I can’t believe all the colossal toadstools and giant mushrooms I mowed. We’ve had so much rain and the lawn was so long that immense fungus was thriving in our towering grass. I expected to see tiny fairies sitting on the broad mushrooms, elves dancing in the fairy rings or buffalo grazing in the prairie that was my yard. I’m glad getting the mower fixed worked out for us; but I have to admit, the thought of getting sheep was strangely appealing.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I haven't read your post yet, I'll get to that. The answer to the question posed in the title though, is YES.

Unknown said...

Oh...the mower is fixed. Well...I'll just move along now... [pouts]

momofcrazykids said...

I was thinking of you when I thought up the title...

Unknown said...

Thanks?