Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Escaping Swim Trunks

Last week my family did a weekend at a water park. February is a good month to visit a water park, it’s dreary out and everyone has cabin fever. The whole family went, Max, my hubby, who has a rule not to go swimming unless he’s on fire—was seen in swim trucks and having fun in the pool with Leif, my fourteen year old video game junky. Oscar, my as thin as a rail ten year old, Tom, the mischief maker, is six and sweet Tess is four. A good time was had by all, even though Oscar’s swim trunks almost got away.
I was floating on the “lazy river” on an inner tube with Oscar and he decided to slide off and float behind the inner tube. Just as he slipped off the raft, he looked up at me, his eyes got huge and he squeaked, “Mom…my swim trunks! Help, they’re being pulled off!” I looked over the side of the inner tube to check and sure enough, the strong current had pulled off his trunks and they were around his ankles and threatening to escape completely. I reached into the lazy river (which isn’t as lazy as the name suggests) grabbed him by the armpit and tried to pull him back up onto the inner tube while using my other arm to reach down and grab the escaping trunks and pull both boy and shorts back up and onto the inner tube. I had a difficult time helping him because both Oscar and I were laughing too hard. The struggle caused us to flip the inner tube over and we were dumped unceremoniously into the lazy river. We stood up (the water wasn’t very deep) fixed the situation with Oscars’s trunks and tied them tighter around his thin waist. Over all the mini vacation was fun, and defiantly a memorable trip.

No comments: